Please go HERE for details about Cogo4android
PalmCogo is a coordinate geometry (cogo) survey program for Palm devices or compatible with a Palm OS of 3.5 or higher and at least 8 MB of memory, including Palm OS 5.x (for Tungsten, Zire71, Sony, etc.) Please contact me if you have an older model. I have a version used originally that may accommodate earlier models. PalmCogo is easy to use and includes many of the common routines normally found in cogo programs for desktops. Although not intended to replace the desktop, this software will accomplish many of the same tasks. With the included import/export utility, users can also transfer data between their desktop and device. Users may also print data (after hot syncing to the desktop computer) from the device?s memo pad where they may optionally transfer data in comma-delimited or columnar formats, depending upon the routine used. As technology expands and device prices become more competitive it makes sense to conveniently take your cogo data with you.
The PalmCogo evaluation version includes most of the available cogo routines but with limitations. It may be downloaded by clicking PalmCogo Evaluation a self-extracting file containing everything needed to install the software on your device. Please review the accompanying manual and readmenow.txt, both of which are included in the downloaded file. It is necessary to install in main memory and not on an expansion card.
NOTE:The on-screen numeric keypad does not work with some newer palm models for the evaluation version but has been fixed for the full version.
MobileCogo for Pocket PC devices should be compatible with most of the mobile devices, including mobile 6. A free evaluation version may be downloaded by clicking MobileCogo Evaluation. The manual included in the download contains installation and operating instructions. The cogo routines are essentially the same as those described below for PalmCogo but the larger screen size accounts for some differences in the displays and data entry screensAlthough there are restrictions in the evaluation version they should not interfere with your ability to fairly test its capabilities. The price is $49.00 but if combined with QuickCogo, it is $24.00. Please contact me if there are questions.
The PDA software comes with a 30 day money back guarantee and all upgrades are free. See upgrade policy You will not find a better value.
The information below explains the cogo routines and features included in both Palm and MobileCogo. However, using an evaluation version is the best source.
Screen shots from the emulator for both PDA programs may be viewed at the end of this page It will appear differently on your device. Those for MobileCogo have not yet been uploaded
- Use either bearings or azimuths in several routines.
- Use elevations and descriptors.
- A special cogo routine named "Embedded". It contains:
Inverse by point numbers
Line-line intersection problem
Line-distance intersection problem
Distance-distance intersection problem
- Curve calculations by entering 2 known values to compute 3 others.
- Curve inverse that provides the curve data between 2 existing points on a curve.
- Right of Way curves. Find curve information for a right of way when the point of intersection, bearings of streets and radius or tangent are given.
- Multiple inverse. Display inverses of multiple consecutive points in either direction.
- Radial survey (establish points by angle and distance from various setups) with or without elevations. Use vertical angles, slope distances, hi and rod readings or total station data.
- Angle-distance traverse with compass rule adjustment with or without elevations. Use same entry data as described for Radial above.
- Area calculations, including curves. MobileCogo has predetermined area
- Find various angles formed between 2 intersecting lines (PPC only)
- Stakeout. Find angles and distances from a known point to other known points. Great for use in the field when setting corners.
- Layout. Find angle and distance to points on a line from a known point.
- Offsets. Find length along line and perpendicular offset of random points to a known line, parallel offsets to a reference line containing multiple intersection points, reverse offset that computes coordinates of points at right angles to and at specified distances along a line, curve offsets by station (Palm), line offsets by station (Palm).
- Grades. Find elevations along stations using known slope.
- Vertical curves. Find single or multiple station elevations along the vertical curve.
- 3 points on a curve. Find the length of radius and radius point coordinate given the coordinates of the 3 points.
- Map Check routine to check closure and area of parcels.
- Resection. Find unknown point given 3 known points and angles between.
- Translate. Add or subtract a constant value from named or all points.
- Distance multiplier for conversion of units during various routines that use distances.
- Rotate. Rotate specified points by a constant difference in 2 bearings.
- CuldeSac. Find the points along a symmetrical culdesac, including transition curves.
- Triangle solution routine for right and oblique triangles.
- Plot. A simple plot routine to display points and lines between them MobileCogo has a few more
- List. Display a range or all points in the database with their data.
- DXF routine that creates a dxf file usable in CAD software supporting that feature. Go directly from device to CAD without using desktop. (MobileCogo under construction)
- Transfer input or calculated points and their data to Palm's memo pad. The point data is in comma-delimited format, ready for importing into excel, your desktop cogo program, etc. Curve calculations ,vertical curve, resection, area, grades, etc. results may also be put into the memo pad. (Palm only)
Many of the routines in MobileCogo have the ability to create a text file and store the results of calculations. They can then be viewed with PocketWord or synced to the desktop.
- Input/edit points and coordinates independent of calculation routines.
- Point protection in all applicable routines which create new points.
- Points automatically saved when calculated (they cannot be lost).
- Open or create files (databases)
- Delete selected points from database files or remove database from device.
- Program is driven from a main screen menu where the various routines are selected. The device menu allows for bearing-distance traverse and inverse in those applications that don't contain the main bearing-distance traverse routine.
- Device menu has selections for setting number of decimal places, setting azimuth mode, using metric for area calculations, selecting the distance multiplier, bearing-distance and inverse calculations independent of the combined routines. MobileCogo has a few more
- Both programs allow transfer of files to and from the desktop, the Pocket PC being a bit more versatile.
- Detailed instructions for the program's installation and operation
CostWhen combined with QuickCogo, either at time of purchase or later, the cost is $24
For those who want only PalmCogo the cost is $49
To Order: Use the QuickCogo order form by Clicking Here
Notice of updates will be posted on the "User's" page. Upgrades are FREE. See upgrade policy
Home | Introduction | Contents | Looks | Cost | Evaluate | Order | Author | cogo4android | cogo4phone | Links | FAQ | Contact Me